Site Menu

The Provincial Chapter

Visitors Counter

 

SENT ON MISSION TO WOMEN AND THE POOR

Salesian Missionaries of Mary Immaculate (SMMI) is the missionary branch of the Society of the Daughters of St. Francis de Sales which is a lay association.

This lay association was found in Paris on 15th October 1872, by Fr. Henri Chaumont and Madam Carre de Malberg, to live and spread the evangelical charity according to the spirituality of St. Francis de Sales.

The Religious Branch became autonomous in 1968 and was raised to the status of an institute of Pontifical Right.

The Institute is an international organization and sisters live in multicultural communities in harmony and solidarity, thereby witnessing to the vitality and the diversity of the Church.